An Association the size of AAAHA can not operate without the many parent and non-parent volunteers! Every team needs the help from parents.
Please contact Peggy Costello if you are willing to help with your child's team.
As kids get to the 10U and above age group, the rules in the locker rooms change.
Please see the document in PDF format below.
Parents who wish to go in the locker room with their child at 10U and above need to have a backgrounds check and Safesport training. Please contact your coach or team manager if you are willing to help monitor the locker rooms for your child's team.
1. Register your player with USA Hockey. www.USAHockey.com
2. Register on the "registration link" at www.aaaha.org.
3. Once budgets and player program fees are established, every registered player parent will receive an email to register again, this time for "Program Payment Registration".
4. Once successfully registered, house players at the 10U level and above will need to attend player evaluations in late August.
5. After evaluations a house draft will take place placing skaters on specific teams. Coaches will email in early September to announce what team your child is on.
6. Bring completed paperwork to first practice.
7. Enjoy the season!
Every player needs a MAHA Player Concussion form filled out and turned in to their team manager in order to be placed on a roster.
The form can be found in PDF format below.
Please check with your team manager or head coach for the paperwork process for your team. Additional paperwork may be required for your team.
Please do not turn paperwork in to the office. If it is not included with a team it may be lost.
The mission of the Michigan Amateur Hockey Association's S.T.A.R. HOCKEY program is to provide a youth hockey environment in which all the individuals are treated with respect and dignity for the enjoyment and personal development of everyone.
Read more about the program on the MAHA web pages.
Follow this link to file a STAR Incident Report